ABOUT THE NETWORK
The Magalhães Network was formed in 2005 to increase the academic exchange and collaboration between Europe and Latin American and the Caribbean. Member Universities and faculties/schools of technology, engineering and architecture. Some are public, some are private.
The Magalhães Network offers added value to members universities, their students and staff:
- Effective tools for student exchange
- Systematic exchange of best practises for internationalization
- A platform to build relations that can be used to develop joint projects between member universities.
Tha annual General Assembly is the decision making body. held annually. A Follow up committee is the executive bode. It is formed by six member universities, three from each continent. The Magalhães Network has a President and a vice President, representing the two continents. The Presidency is elected for two years and may be re-elected for a second term. The secretariat of the network follows the President.
The presidency has been held by:
- Politecnico di Madrid, Spain (2005-2010)
- Universidad do Saõ Paulo, Brazil (2010-2014)
- Lund University, Sweden (2014-2018)
- Universidad de los Andes (2019-2022)
GET IN TOUCH
Send a message to the secreteriat of the Magalhães Network
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a student interested in participating in a semester abroad in an engineering or architecture program in a member University of the network, please contact the Internationalization Office in your university to receive additional information.