ABOUT THE NETWORK
The Magalhães Network was formed in 2005 to increase the academic exchange and collaboration between Europe and Latin American and the Caribbean. Member Universities are faculties/schools of technology, engineering and architecture. Some are public, some are private.
The Magalhães Network offers added value to member Universities, their students and staff:
- Effective tools for student exchange
- Systematic exchange of best practices for internationalization
- A platform to build relations that can be used to develop joint projects between member Universities.
The General Assembly, held annually, is the decision-making body. The Follow-Up Committee is the executive body; it is formed by six member Universities, three from each continent. The Magalhães Network has a President and a Vice-President, representing the two continents. The Presidency is elected for two years and may be re-elected for a second term. The secretariat of the Network follows the President.
The Presidency has been held by:
- Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain (2005-2010)
- Universidad do Saõ Paulo, Brazil (2011-2014)
- Lund University, Sweden (2015-2018)
- Universidad de los Andes, Colombia (2019-2022)
- Politecnico di Torino (2023-today)
NAFSA 2024 Annual Conference & Expo
Join peers and experts at the premier global professional learning and networking event for all international educators and organizations that support international education for the NAFSA 2024 Annual Conference & Expo, "Resilience. Renewal. Community", which will be held in in New Orleans, LA from May 28 to 31, 2024.
GET IN TOUCH
Send a message to the secreteriat of the Magalhães Network
or contact us at email@example.com
If you are a student interested in participating in a semester abroad in an engineering or architecture program in a member University of the network, please contact the International Office in your university to receive additional information.